My 2ยข
Focus on the type of location, not the geographical location. It's always
going to be easy for some and difficult for others.
So I advice the organiser to stick to a location that is really accessible
for him/her.

Hackerspace might indeed not be the best idea. Rather take it to your
target audience, like a youth club, a student fraternity, or some adult
education centre.
Regards,
Jan.