Op woensdag 16-05-2007 om 11:27 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Matt
Zimmerman:
> On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 10:07:59PM +0200, Jan Claeys wrote:
> > ... isn't it possible to change the FLAC dependency on XMMS to a
> > dependency on/from "Beep" (or Audacious?) and get that patch accepted
> > upstream (in either FLAC, Beep or Audacious)?
> >
> > (The XMMS plugin is also the Beep plugin now...)
>
> I didn't realize that XMMS and Beep plugins were interchangeable.  Doing
> this in FLAC would require moving beep-media-player to main, but it would be
> worth talking to Beep and FLAC upstreams to see if they would be interested
> in moving the plugin to the Beep tree.

To be clear, I was talking about the classic "Beep Media Player".  It
seems like there is a new "Beep Media Player" that isn't a WinAmp clone
anymore--I have no idea if this "BMPx" still uses the same plugins.

Audacious is a fork of the "BMP Classic", seems to be actively
maintained, and I think it already comes with a FLAC plugin?

So, currently we have packages for 3 programs with the same roots, but
judging from their respective websites only the newest fork (Audacity)
is really actively maintained...

--
Jan Claeys