hi,
On Do, 2008-09-11 at 22:44 +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> Here's my 1:28 bootchart: http://mg.pov.lt/hardy-20080822-1.png
>
> There are at most 4 seconds of idle waiting.
>
> Hey, I see zope2.9 taking quite a bit of the time (20 seconds).  I no
> longer need that.  sudo apt-get remove to the rescue!
>
> And here's my 1:09 bootchart: http://mg.pov.lt/hardy-20080822-3.png.
> It also has zope2.9, but I don't see offhand why it is 20 seconds
> shorter than the first one.  What is that 'exe' process near the start?
thats usually the execution bit of the bar above ... in your first
bootchart modprobe seems to do some horrible things ... also, do you
actually have any hardware that uses restricted drivers ?
dropping lrm should gain you some extra time as well if you dont ...

the second udevd seems to produce some zombies in both bootcharts ...

it would be intresing to see the same boot without mysql, postifix, zope
and autofs though ...

ciao
        oli