> Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:58:09 -0300
> From: Brian Vidal Castillo <dae...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: The 9.10 boot loader progress bar
> To: ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> We don't want text-based bootloaders... that's why Cannonical is orking
> really hard with plymouth, xsplash and even usplash.
>
> Having that set of indicators will help for sure. I have seen my laptop
> stops after a kernel upgrade, so this way i could know what's the problem.
>
> This will be even better than a progress bar. Just a nice background in
> Xsplash with Ubuntu AND the version and then the icons on bottom, when
> they are all light up, my system is ready. Simple and beautiful.
>
> Could not be more perfect.

You mean that you don't want text based boot loaders? It's just that your
post seemed so certain.

You may not be aware, but there are a select few of us out there that
actually like text based boot loaders or at least an easy way to view the
text upon boot.
Example -- I run Fedora 11 and as much as I like Plymouth, I quite regularly
press the "ESC" key to view the text loading for x reason.

Regards

Chris Jones