On Wed, Jul 05, 2023 at 12:05:49PM -0300, Renan Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> I am reaching out to discuss some changes to the ubuntu-advantage-tools
> package SRU Exception. (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAdvantageToolsUpdates)
>
> 1. The first thing to note is that the link above is not listed as an SRU
> exception in the SRU page itself: (
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Documentation_for_Special_Cases).
> I would say it would be nice to include it there.

So this is because this exception was never formally signed off by the
SRU team. Instead, we had been handling it on a case-by-case basis.

I've worked to revamp this documentation with a view to normalizing it
and publishing what we are doing to ensure consistency in the future.
This has involved a very heavy update to this page, with coordination
with the Pro client developers (Renan, Lucas and Grant) and various
other involved people.

This is now ready for feedback and review. We will need sign-offs from
the Pro client developers (the subset of the Server Team that is
maintaining this package) as well as the SRU team, Release Team and
Technical Board. Please see the wiki page for details.

Thanks,

Robie