Hey Seb!

I agree we should probably find a better way to make this process a
bit more visible, maybe making sure that the engineer responsible for
driving the opening gives regular updates somewhere. Maybe something
like a tracking post on discourse, like what we have for releases.

For now I recommend keeping track of the Release Team Planning Jira card:
https://warthogs.atlassian.net/browse/RTMP-1274

Also, this board is publicly readable, even for those that are not
logged in on Jira. So it should mean that it *IS* openly accessible.
If it isn't, then that's a bug. But I was able to open this card in an
incognito browser tab.

Cheers,

On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 at 11:09, Sebastien Bacher <seb...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Dear Release Team,
>
> Would it be possible to have some status update on the Noble archive
> opening?
>
> In the past days I've seen a bunch of people asking on Ubuntu IRC
> channels (and I also got some direct messages) about 'when will the
> archive open'/'can we upload yet'/'when will autosyncs start'.
> Having the information would help people to plan their work and organize
> better.
>
> We used to have a public checklist about the opening tasks and on some
> occasion even emails on what to expect as this one
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2019-October/040817.html
>
> It would also be nice if we managed to find a way to make the process
> more open again. Even with access to the board currently used (which
> isn't openly accessible) I'm unclear on whether we are waiting on
> toolchains changes/which ones/how long it will take and such I'm not
> able to help people asking.
>
> Thanks,
> Sébastien Bacher
>

> --