I was just about to reply with a decision from Team Lead and Council as
follows, which sort of affirms what Aaron said (though this DID need to come
from leadership, not Aaron):

Primary contact: Simon (tsimonq2)
Secondary Contact: Dan (kc2bez)
Third-tier contact (if Simon and Dan don't reply): Aaron (arraybolt3)

For an all else fails contact, you can contact me - Thomas (teward) - as
Lubuntu Team Lead, I have executive authority to act if others are unreachable
or in cases where it requires executive overrule (see Simon's reference to me
dictating the "rest period" for Lubuntu started on Dec 20 instead of Simon's
suggestion of Dec 25th through New Year).

I'm also always open to pass on escalations if the others are unreachable,
Simon and Aaron both know I'm no stranger to dropping bags of work on them when
it's necessary.

(Note that my Lubuntu duties are independent of my other roles and hats)

Thomas

(Sorry for not replying in line, Outlook is the only mail client I have right
now and it's a pain for replying because it does top-replies).