On 10/05/2013 10:36, Alan Pope wrote:
On 09/05/13 12:14, Gareth France wrote:
I don't have anything 500gb in size to do a full backup onto and I'm not
comfortable handing out my business' data at all. I am confident a hard
disk would not cause an overheating issue like I am experiencing and
even if it did then that can be addressed once no other issue is found.

Let me know your postal address via email and I'll send you a second hand 500GB Western Digital USB attached hard drive in an enclosure today. Model number WD5000D032. It was sat in a drawer doing nothing, so I powered it up and formatted it. Self test shows there's nothing wrong with it.

http://popey.com/~alan/wd.png

I have no need for it.

Cheers,

Well If Gareth does not want to accept your kind offer, I would happily pay you for it as I was just about to order one off of ebay. Please feel free to email me off list.

Kurtis Brown