On 13 May 2013 11:24, Stuart Ward <stuart.w...@bcs.org> wrote:

> On 10 May 2013 13:53, Liam Proven <lpro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Just press Ctrl-A to select all text, then Home to go to the top,
>> delete the few blank lines, then move down, trim the quoted text and
>> type your reply.
>>

> In gmail select the text you want to comment on then hit reply and you get a
> nice bottom quoted text with the cursor placed below ready for commenting...

Not any more with the Gmail "new compose" feature. The functionality
you describe has been removed.

Which is the precise reason that I posted this alternative version. It
is inferior but it's all that Gmail has left.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884