Since I upgraded to Lucid from Ubuntu Jaunty, my 3D performance has been
about half what it used to be. I use a Toshiba Satellite laptop. It's so
bad that even with the desktop effects set as "normal" the mouse will
sometimes stutter or skip, it's hard to describe. But I used to be able
to play HD videos on Jaunty, so this bug is very upsetting.

--
[RV515] AGP: 3D performance much slower after upgrade to Lucid
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in ubuntu.