Hi Experts,

This is rather off-topic, but I don't know where else I might find experts on this.

I do development for the Innovasic FIDO processor, which is an 68 K "CPU32" architecture, in fact a kind of upgrade tho the ubiquitously used 68332 chip.

The Eclipse based IDE called "Sourcery" comes with a GNU compiler that is built to work in FIDO-mode by default, but it also can be set to compile for other chips (e.g. 68332, here it does not support the two assembler instructions that are new with FIDO (e.g. "sleep").

Now I found that the code Generator seems to be rather bad. It generates rather nasty code using a much higher count of instructions than necessary, avoiding the more "CISK-specific" instruction in the CPU32 instruction set (such as moving a value from memory to memory, setting a bit in a memory-cell, ...)

My very old MRI compiler for the 332 is a lot better on that behalf.

Is there any chance to find a more decent 68 K GNU C compiler ?

Thanks a lot,
-Michael