These are not really questions about uClinux, they’re questions about your
development board.  So you should ask the vendor of that development board.

But the debug monitor has to be in FLASH.  You can’t persistently save things
in SRAM.

From: uclinux-dev-boun...@uclinux.org [mailto:uclinux-dev-boun...@uclinux.org]
On Behalf Of Sorur Mohajerani
Sent: Saturday, 15 November 2014 17:26
To: uclinux-dev@uclinux.org
Subject: [uClinux-dev] Cobra5272, FLASH, SDRAM, Codewarrir

i am a newbie in embedded systems and i have some questions about my board
Cobra5272 that uses a coldfire mcf5272 cpu core.

in the official CD of cobra5272 is said that :

 <http://elmicro.com/de/cobra5272.html> http://elmicro.com/de/cobra5272.html

"The COBRA5272 module has a 2 MByte Flash memory which is used for nonvolatile
storage of both the user programs and the dBUG debugger/monitor in the lower
256KByte. The 2 MByte Flash memory is 16 Bit wide and is organized as 16 bit x
1M.

The MCF5272 microprocessor has 4 kByte internal SRAM, which is organized as 1kx
32 bit. This SRAM can be used for storing data or instructions."

but there is this table too:

so i got confused! is the dBug rom monitor saved in SDRAM or FLASH???????

when i download a s-record file of my own program into this target via serial
port (dBug and 'dn' command) this file saves into the SDRAM or FALSH?

if i want not to damage the dBug program of my board accidentally, i must
download the code in SDRAM or FLASH memory?

if i use Freescale Codewarrior software for writing my codes and program, does
it make me some s-record files for downloading into the target and executing it?

the fact is that I designed a carrier board with one flash, some RAMs,
buffers,etc. for Cobra but I don't know how to realize that the connection
between cpu on Cobra (MCF5272) and flash memory on my carrier board is right or
not?

Technically I should write a simple code on  Cobar cpu that send a small data
on Carrier flash and receive data from it to ensure the systems works well in
reading and writing data on flash.

am i in a right way? is it possible to load my Codewarrior to  the target and
execute it?

thank you