One can only wonder aloud as to what the Uganda Pilot had on his plane going to beni..or better yet he had on board ferrying to Uganda? Think!

Matek

Ugandan pilot arrested in Congo
By Esiara Kabona

ENTEBBE - A Ugandan pilot has been arrested in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo after a light passenger aircraft crashed over the weekend.

The aircraft crashed soon after takeoff and two people are feared dead.
The pilot, Mr Stephen Eryaku, who escaped with minor injuries was consequently arrested by Beni Airport Authorities in connection with the accident.

The Monitor could not establish the owners of the aircraft.
However this reporter established that the light Cessna-310 aircraft, Reg. No 5X AJF left Entebbe International Airport on Friday for Beni and has since not returned to the airport.

A pilot at Entebbe Airport speaking on condition of anonymity, said the aircraft crashed into a building at Beni Airport reportedly killing two unidentified occupants.

According to a brief the pilot received from Beni, the Ugandan pilot Eryaku was taking the aircraft uphill when strong winds forced the plane to swerve towards the terminal building at the airport.

"Beni runways were built in such a way that the aircraft ascends a hill when landing. This helps in reducing speed while on taking off the aircraft descends a hill which helps the aircraft gain velocity for easy take off, however I am told Eryaku decided to take off uphill," the pilot said.

When The Monitor contacted the Civil Aviation Authority Public Relations Manager, Mr Ignie Igunduura for comment, he expressed ignorance about the accident.

"I will get in touch with you when I get the information," he said by telephone. It is not the first time Uganda planes crash in eastern Congo.
In 2001 another Uganda plane that was leaving Bunia heading to Beni crashed killing 6 occupants.