On 12/29/06, Marshall Schor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip/>
It seems to me you will need a CasViewImpl class - this is for the use
case where the user
wants to, e.g., run two iterators together, one iterating over one view,
while the other goes over
another view.

The actual objects that implement CAS views could be tiny - just a
specification of which view it was,
plus a ref to the shared CASImpl.  Is this what you're thinking?

Details... Yes, I think three would need to be a CasViewImpl.  I don't
have strong feelings about how to implement it.  But unless there are
reasons to change things, I think we may want to stick close to how
views are currently implemented, which is that the CasViewImpl owns
its index repository and also has a direct reference to the heap and
other internal parts of the CAS.  These references save having to make
an extra method call to implement methods such as createFS.

Also, I forgot to mention in the proposal - I think we'll need to have
a JCasView as well.  Some thought should be put into how this relates
to your recent refactoring that produced CommonCas... we may need a
CommonCasView.  But I think we can work these details out if the
general ideas in my proposal are acceptable.

-Adam