Hi Max,

sorry for answering your email that late, it was pretty much work last days. But thank
you for being that fast.

I'm not that in to that unattended project, but what's that linux boot disk about? Is
it still possible to fire up Windows setups?

Since we're currently coding some suite to manage all that computers on our three
campus' , there are a few objectives
        1       Managing users, groups and these type of things in a samba environment
        2       Setting up computers and software unattendedly
        3       Managing dhcp, ns configs and such alike
        4       Including some java based rdp client to support workstations remotely
        5       Manage group policies for Windows XP based client computers
        6       Monitoring like heartbeating and layer 2/3 analysis
        7       web based front end

We've been discussing a hell lot of things, but prefer the ldap one. We need to take
account of
security policies. The main database (mysql) where all data shall be stored in is just
accessible
by well-defined APIs. From here, we can easily sync the ldap db.
Goal is to have an enterprise level management software, that can be easily extended.

Guess best thing is to talk over phone about some things, if you like to.
Can Pat help me with that booting issue? How to I prevent never-ending booting loops?

Thanks a lot

Sebastian

---

Sebastian Schneider

ESMT European School of Management and Technology GmbH
Unter den Linden 36
D-10117 Berlin

Tel: +49 (0)30 21231 -0
Fax: +40 (0)30 21231 -9