On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, Nils Olav Fossum wrote:

Nils Olav Fossum wrote:
> prefdisk_cmd - System command to run before fdisk
>   I use this for blanking the MBR, but may have other uses
>   prefdisk_cmd = "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dsk bs=1024 count=1"
>
> postfdisk_cmd - System command to run after fdisk
>   I use this to slap on an premade MBR and partition
>   I have to switch off other functions to make this work, ie:
>   postfdisk_cmd = "/z/site/sh/premade-partition-slapon.sh"
>   fdisk_cmds=""
>   replace_mbr = 0
>   format_cmd = ""
>
> The real fix here would be to allow "fdisk_cmds" to run any system command(s)
> and translate only the 'fdisk' ones,
> but my perl knowledge is not good enough to pull it off  :-)

OK, I do support the idea to improve the partition scheme in unattended in
Nils' second direction:

>>allow "fdisk_cmds" to run any system command(s)<<

What about a new meta function, say "partition_cmd", that is either a
script or something like "layout:pri:10GB,boot;ext:all;log:10GB,fat32".

I'm not certain, how to support DOS and Linux boot disks with the script
path, but the layout: scheme translates to both parted and fdisk easily
(for parted I have a script already). The old "fdisk_cmd" is supported for
elder configurations, but "partition_cmd" overrules it if present.

> predosemu_cmd - System command to run before dosemu
> alt_dosemu_cmd - Alternate System command to run in place of dosemu
> postdosemu_cmd - System command to run after dosemu

I like them.

> I will be happy to create ready-to-go patches go, but need some feedback.

I will do the same for the partition_cmd idea ;-)

Bye

- --
Steffen Kaiser