"Jeff Black" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> 1) failure, if the dhcp option (233) is set to
>
> option unattended-options "z_user=localdomain\usernamegoeshere z_pass=password
> z_path=//servername/sharename
>
> I get this from linux....
> *** Trying smbmount \\servername\sharename /z -o
> username=localdomainusernamegoeshere,rw,ttl=2400000

Perhaps \ is reserved in dhcpd.conf.  You might try
"z_user=localdomain\\usernamegoeshere" instead.

> 2) failure, if the dhcp option (233) is set to
>
> option unattended-options "z_user=localdomain/usernamegoeshere z_pass=password
> z_path=//servername/sharename
>
> I get this from linux....
> *** Trying smbmount \\servername\sharename /z -o
> username=localdomain\usernamegoeshere,rw,ttl=2400000

I am guessing that is a typo, and it actually said
"username=usernamegoeshere\localdomain".

> 3) success, if the dhcp option (233) is set to
>
> option unattended-options "z_user=usernamegoeshere/localdomain z_pass=password
> z_path=//servername/sharename
>
> I get this from linux....
> *** Trying smbmount \\servername\sharename /z -o
> username=localdomain\usernamegoeshere,rw,ttl=2400000
> creating lame upcase table
> creating lame lowcase table
> *** Excelent now lets see about mass storage controllers
>
> #3 seems very backwards. If nothing else this email is meant to
> document this 'feature' ;)

I don't like it, either; I chose it for consistency with how the
username=... argument to smbmount works.  (The Samba folks got it
backwards, IMO.)  I admit to having second thoughts...

 - Pat