Steffen Kaiser wrote:

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Felipe Navarrete wrote:

Hello Felipe,

did you managed to get known, which files got broken? I silghtly remember
having problem with different character sets, but that was a samba issue -
more or less. But I assume that the Windows distribution set does not
include such file names, but that they are all plain-8.3.

Bye,

The files that were corrupted as far as I can tell were in the os/winxp directory. The exact files I dont know.
Basically I pscp copied the files to the samba server from the windows machine. I tried this twice just to double
check that it was not just something intermitent.

The reason I know they were corrupted is because when I tried
to install XP it would hang up early in the install and declare a file missing.

The exact name of the file I dont remember. However when I dragged and droped them from the windows machine(the windows way netbios) it worked fine.

I have use pscp before to backup users computers and had no problems but when using it to copy an os (windows XP) something went wrong.

--
Felipe Navarrete

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click _______________________________________________ unattended-info mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/unattended-info