Hey Pat,

It was me that reported the problem originally. I bypassed it by using
tar on my linux box.

However, I've found an ALL POWERFUL CHECKBOX in Winzip configuration
(though I haven't tested it yet).

Options->Configuration->Miscellaneous->TAR file smart CR/LF conversion

My guess is that UNchecking this box will make things work properly.

Cheers,

Chris