Hi, you don't need to use shortcut.pl with todo.pl.  For example:

:: OPTIONAL: Install Charred Dirt
@Echo off
echo Installing
todo.pl "timeit %0"
shortcut.pl "c:\games\CDirt\cdirt.exe" "special:AllUsersDesktop\Charred Dirt"
shortcut.pl "c:\games\CDirt\cdirt.exe" "special:AllUsersStartMenu\Programs\Charred Dirt"
todo.pl %Z%\packages\misc\cdirt_099c.exe
todo.pl "timeit %0"