At 12:34 PM 5/25/2005, Chad Anderson wrote:
Thanks. It works to create the shortcut, but not with the description I give it. Here is my example

shortcut.pl --description "Excel" "c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\excel.exe" special:AllUsersDesktop

Instead of the shortcut using a large E it usese a little one. The syntax appears correct but does not work. Is this a bug or something I am doing incorrectly.

Hi, I just manually ran that line, and it created the icon on my desktop, icon name was excel but the comment reads Excel. So I'm confused, is the icon not the right one?

P.S. It does not appear to make any difference if I use quotes around the special:AllUsersDesktop part.

Your right, the shortcut.pl example is without the quotes.

Thank you!