Hi Jennifer,
I think that there's just a lot of natural human development in young kids
being excited about learning.  If you are always improving, it is more exciting
to learn.  Really young kids are always naturally learning.  The work of
learning begins later in life.  It probably seems less attractive to many
children when they actually have to work to learn.

I think that desire to learn comes at least in part from family and in part
from genetics... even relatives don't have the exact same genes.  So it's
probably nature and nurture.

I know that for me school was always a great place.  I worked in school as an
escape, as a way to try to understand a confusing environment, as a way to
improve my life, and because the more I knew the more interested me.
Jan

  -------------- Original message from cnjpal...@aol.com: --------------