From: "Jungshik Shin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > As long as specific markets remain resistant to the idea of this work
being
> > done, this is no mere myth -- it is a reality.
>
>   As a general statement, I might agree to the above. However, I'm a bit
> confused as to what you're specifically talking about here (that is,
> what you meant by 'this work' and 'specific markets').  I guess  I'm
> supposed to read between lines, but I'm rather slow here. Could you
> elaborate a bit?

I know that there has been resistance for CHT, CHS, JPN, and KOR solutions
that involved anything that would de-emphasize the existing system of
specific ideographs for specific code points and the support for 100% round
tripping of data to and from Unicode. Because of this, any attempt to
"synthesize" characters, whether from strokes, vowels, consonants, or pieces
of chewing gum, has met with resistance.

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.
http://www.trigeminal.com/