At 23:34 +0200 2003-07-19, Philippe Verdy wrote:

I'm still convinced that these glyphs are much more informative than a default glyph showing a "?", a white rectangle, or a black losange with a mirrored white "?"...

Of course they are.

And Unicode also uses these glyphs in the index page for its charmaps,

You mean "for its charts". Please.

but they are shown as poor bitmaps (may be the PDF or book version use your glyphs in a document-embedded font)

That page is in HTML.

How were your glyphs contributed?

I, uh, drew them.

With SVG graphics containing character objects and drawing primitives

I have no idea what this means. I used Fontographer.

(it seems the simplest way to derive them, using the table shown in Apple's web page, with some exceptions for unassigned, reserved, forbidden or
surrogates symbols which require a distinct design)?

You can't "derive" these. You have to draw them individually. -- Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com