Thanks Philippe. What I really need now is access to additional Euro-Asian HP TFM
files.

Regards, Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: Philippe Verdy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 9:57 AM
To: Neil J Geddes
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cyrillic character mapping tables, HP MSL to Unicode

Did you read the last PDF, notably as it says the following about Table
D-3:

[/quote]
D - MSL/Unicode Symbol Indexes

Introduction

Table D-1, the Master Symbol List, lists all of the characters available for the
printers and their MSL index numbers. Table D-2, shows the characters contained in the
MSL symbol collections. Table D-3, the Unicode Symbol List, lists all of the
characters available for the printers and identifies their unicode index number. Table
D-4 shows the characters contained in the unicode symbol collections. [/quote]

Well, I misread the description myself, confused about the title of the section, and
it's true that only *some* MSL indices are identical to the Unicode code points. It's
a shame that one has to compute the conversion by looking at glyph and names given by
HP, which do not correspond to Unicode names. It would have been simpler if HP had
referenced in its 1999 release of its book, the Unicode code points in Table D-1, and
used the official Unicode names (additionally the table D-3 should have listed the MSL
index in a reverse index, and not used the decimal code points but hexadecimal
notation U+xxxx). But joining D-1 nad D-3 is possible, and allows creating the
conversion table between MSL to Unicode.

Philippe.
Les messages non sollicités (spams) ne sont pas tolérés.
Tout abus sera signalé automatiquement à vos fournisseurs de service.