Hello Joanma,

On 2010/07/30 12:05, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 04:52, "Martin J. Dürst"<due...@it.aoyama.ac.jp>  wrote:

It's very clear that we would get nowhere if we wanted to encode
all these.

The comment I respondend to talked about characters that are already encoded.

Sorry, I didn't get that.

In simpler words, you cannot use the needs of discussions about encoding
(the meta-level) to determine encodings.

Discussing arabic versus latin numerals is not more meta-level that
talking about upper vs. lowercase.

Yes indeed. If these distinctions were only necessary when talking *about* these characters (meta-level) rather than when just using them (non-meta), then I would indeed agree that there is no reason to encode them separately.

Regards,    Martin.

#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:due...@it.aoyama.ac.jp