Again, Unicode is not intended to and cannot ban specific designs of characters
including emoji. Unicode is responsible creating a list of characters that
should be supported, with the goal of making textual communication online
possible through a standardised encoding. Unicode is not responsible for
designing these characters, that is up to the vendors to decide.
From Unicodes Website: "Unicode provides a unique number for every character,
no matter what the platform, no matter what the program, no matter what the
language.”; "The Unicode Consortium was founded to develop, extend and promote
use of the Unicode Standard, which specifies the representation of text in
modern software products and standards.”
(http://www.unicode.org/standard/WhatIsUnicode.html)

If you wish that a certain vendor - like Google or Apple - democratise their
process of designing characters you should make that clear to them. Posting on
this list will do absolutely nothing.

—