In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, John Nielsen writes:

> Hello list,
>
> I am having a small problem with unionfs-2.2.3 for linux-2.6.24. I have
> witnessed this problem ever since the unionfs-2.0 days.
>
> When using the 'ldconfig' command from within a unionfs/chroot enviroment, I
> get a ton of the following output:
>
> ===== CUT =====
>
> ldconfig: /usr/lib/libboost_unit_test_framework-gcc42-mt-1_34_1.so.1.34.1 is
> not a symbolic link

John,

So far I've been unable to reproduce your bug.  I tried it with
unionfs-2.2.4 and 2.6.24.2 and 2.6.25-rc2.  I tried it with a fedora core 6
distro in a chroot jail: the distro has all of these "libboost" libraries.

What distro are you using in your chroot?  Can I see your /etc/ld.so.conf?
What's in your /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ directory?  Can you try it with
unionfs-2.2.4 just so we can get on the same base?

Any chance I get temp access to your system to poke around a little and try
to figure out what's different b/t your setup and mine?

Has anyone else seen such a problem: if so let me know, as it'd help to
narrow down the cause.

Thanks,
Erez.