I don't think this portlet should ship WITH uPortal. I'd hate to see the main uPortal distribution encumbered with a license we somehow have to make sure commercial entities see and agree to, and contact accuweather, before they can ever start uPortal. Now as a separate download that people can go to some place and 'read the license' for that specific portlet before clicking on the link to download it, I think it is probably fine.

---- Cris J H

Jim Helwig wrote:
I don't see a logo or link back as a problem. Since our primary focus is higher education, I don't see the fact that commercial users need to contact AccuWeather as a problem. From the sounds of it, this seems like a good option.

It would be nice to see if this portlet could be implemented in a way that one could fairly easily plug in alternative weather feeds if they were concerned about this.

My two cents,
JimH