Trunk is NOT stable for doing portlet development on. If you'd like to help test new features you are more than welcome, as you run into issues report them here with a full stack trace and then we can see if we need a Jira issue to track it or not.

With all the recent changes I'd recommend doing a completely clean checkout today and try that source code. Once we get a few more known issues worked out with the JSR-286 support we'll cut a milestone release that will be good for people to try out JSR-286 support in uPortal.

-Eric