On 21 Jan 2008, at 01:34, Sivakatirswami wrote:

1) Display of thumbnails of images in a folder in a "gallery" type window where images can be moved around, reordered, renamed, deleted etc. where the window, if resized. will scale the number of row and columns of thumbnails automatically (the app needs to scale nicely for a user on we 30 inch cinema display, and also run sweetly on a 15 inch MacBook Pro.

You're assuming it's all going to be JPEG images? What will you do if someone wants to shoot RAW?

2) Reading and writing "standards quality" binary EXIF-IPTC-XMP data to JPG or TIF files from inside revolution.

I know it can be done... but it's tricky.

Calling EXIFTools is likely to be FAR easier and more reliable than trying to implement it yourself.
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Ian