On 9 Jun 2005, at 08:06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

2) There appears to be an engine bug with the number of ticks displayed
(at least on MacOS X). There is one too few. For example, for a slider
with values from 0 to 100, pageInc = 10 and lineIncr = 0 (as described in
this thread), it displays 10 ticks. There should be 11:
0,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100, My guess is that somewhere the engine is
doing something like:

numTicks = (maxValue - minValue)/(pageIncrement - lineIncrement)

Or could it be that the thumbSize value is taken into account as it would be when working with scrollbars? (Or would it? My brain always hurts when doing this kind of arithmetic.) I notice that the thumbSize is always set to the pageInc value with sliders. I wondered what would happen if the thumbSize was set to 0 and the pageInc to 10, but I couldn't set them independently. Perhaps this is the problem.

Dave