Dennis...

Thanks for the detective work. I think this is the reason for *some* of the errors I see, but perhaps not all. Although it's possible the fingerprinting is so deep and smart that it is indeed too smart for its own good.

I wonder why Apple doesn't acknowledge this bug.

No, I don't. They'd call it a feature.