A small followup:

Back again,

I'll try to keep it down to three or four times a day, max <g>

Screen artifacts on my laptop (a Pismo - Apple) have been quite a problem lately. Fields and buttons often pile up on top of each other, in the vertical dimension. It doesn't seem to happen on my desktop machine with a much bigger screen. Otherwise, everything seems to be working very well.

I just noticed that very similar artifacts do occur on my desktop machine with a larger display, which I run on 1024 X 768. There's a big difference, though. Something corrects the artifacts within a second or less, without any intervention from me. In both cases, it happens on the taller stacks, scalable, with a scrolling group.

The Pismo is a G3. The desktop machine is a G4. I don't know of that's relevant.

Thanks again,

Tim