On 9 Jul 2006, at 10:46, Garrett Hylltun wrote:

On Jul 9, 2006, at 2:12 AM, Ian Wood wrote:

A player object also doesn't have the image size limitation of image objects on OS X.

Thanks, but this also reminds me of another question. I could swear that just the other day someone posted some code that allows you get the proper dimensions of an image. Does anyone still have that email?

Thanks,
-Garrett

Once the file is loaded up you can get the formattedWidth and formattedHeight of the player or image.

On OS X 10.3 and above you can also use Image Events via Applescript, in a similar way to being able to convert formats. Of course, that's not much use fro cross-platform work...

Ian