I just put up geronimo, and ran the smoke test "Helloworld" and that works.
I see the console, this is pretty neat.

I am now making the samples, or perhaps better stated: I am mavening them.
Unfamiliar with maven, I apologize, reading and getting up to speed will
take time.
I did increase some parms to run the mvn clean install:
"export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xxm512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m""

That gets me to some problems with plugins.
I get a number of messages in the output listing:
found geronimo-plugin.xml for bundle
org.geronimo.apache.framework.geronimo-gbean-deployer [1]
installing artifact: DependencyType [org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlbeans
[2]
did not find geronimo-plugin.xml for bundle
org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlbeans [2]

followed by multiple "installing artifacts:.....
did not find geronimo-plugin.xml for [whatever the artifact name was]
this is pervasive, and then the deployment crashes.

What am I missing, what don't I understand?
was I supposed to install some kind of plugin?
sorry, at least for me this documentation isn't crystal clear [not a
criticism, I do have an autistic side |;-p]

I do have the geronimo-tomcat version up.
I don't quite understand what that means in regards to the jetty
compiles...[are they the default for the deploy?]

this is a case of initial success followed by rampant failure.
normal under the circumstances, but still a bitter pill.
Help?

jto...@po-box.esu.edu

-----
tob