Hm, as far as I remember, there have been some interesting concepts, but I never tried Geronimo, as there hadn't been NetBenas support for it (with the exception of some support by some badly documented plugin for some very outdated version of Geronimo).

However, without Geronimo, IMO, there's an important piece of open-source software missing. And this is even more true, as Oracle seems to have no more (commercial) interest in Glassfish.

Regards
P.