Hi List :

   Just a heads up that I'll be re-posting a couple of
mails to the list from this time last year . Cleaning
out my "To-Do" folder and this one of David Coombes was
sitting there , waiting for V5 to get settled in .

   It concerns the Gi shader , and David gave the list
a cool HSV control and a couple of example jpegs . RGB
color space controls lack the contrasting abilities of
HSV color space controls (you may remember that huge Gi
thread Mark & David and myself had going at the time) .

  Anyway , at first glance I don't see any HSV controls in
the V5 Gi shader , and it looks pretty much the same as the
V4.5 shader , although I didn't dig deep and see if it's line
for line the same .

  So , is it still the same ? What are users doing differen-
tly now ? Is everyone still working in RGB color space , or
is David's Realman HSV control standard fare amongst advanced
users ? Did anyone even try it out ?

  Is everyone still using the stock Gi shader , or has it act-
ually been tweaked in certain areas since V5 ? Etc etc etc ?

Thanks In Advance (I'll post my old reply as well )

Garry Curtis
http://www.niagara.com/~studio