> The bad distortions on the SDS can be solved by
> simply refining the top and bottom of the SDS a little bit....
> It's an everyday problem, how to get good UVs.
> No character  with painted textures without having good UVs :-?
> Matthias

Must be some kind of major communication breakdown (again?) .

  The whole gist of this thread was this :

The UV-Image Tool allows for very quick baking when
using Analytic Objects (as per the Manual's example)

However , when using SDS Objects , the UV-Image tool
APPEARS to function the same way the manual shows (for
Analytic) and APPEARS to bake maps , but is indeed ,
very , very , very broken .

  You supplied a project , and what you were actually
trying to show , I have no idea , but it was not re-
lated to this thread , except perhaps as some kind of
a workaround .

  You could create a hundred projects showing how it can
be done and it would not matter to me , since I was only
trying to show that it can't be done the same way that
the manual says it should be done (kill me) .

VSL , or a 2 stage method , or Map2Object , or UV-Image
Tool (but a different use) ... it doesn't matter . I am
only trying to point out obvious flaws so that they can
be fixed in V9 or one of the next hundred service packs .

  You seem to be trying to show that it can be done , so
good for you , but please just point to the part of the
Manual where it shows what you are trying to do  ...

 Correct ! Now you get what I'm trying to say . That , tiny,
tiny , tiny little part of the manual (that talks about this
feature) is missing some (?!?!?!?!) vital information ...

... concerning SDS and baking illumination !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why oh why Why oh why Why oh why Why oh why Why oh why Why oh why

(am I constantly repeating myself)

over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over
& over & over & over & over & over ????????????????

Seriously , it's broken ! (ya , the record too) Either fix the
S/W or fix the Manual . That's my point , again , as plainly
as I can make it , for the last time - period ! [next stop MAYA]

  The workaround method is ...

Ah , forget it . It's 4:00 AM and I'm officially , out !