> Quick update: I finally managed to get something in opengl, it appears I got
> into trouble because I was working with SDS and tried to bake into the faces
> ('attach' and 'per face' checked). This is handled differently by OGL, a
> bug??

> Workaround by going into the freshly calculated shadowmap material and
> change a few things:

> - get rid of the line Color = Constant(0,0,0)  (no wonder it appeared black,
> heh)

Actually , I left it and then selected (.5,.5,.5) , or whatever .

> - replace 'Illumination += Texture(Map coords)' by 'Color *= Texture(Map
> coords)'

  This did not work for me . Using SDS I could not get any
realtime maps to show up ! However , switching to 'Color *=
Texture(Map coords)' did give me a much , much better ray-
tracing (actually useable) .

> Diffuse maps (indirect lighting) are often too dark, so a line like 'Color
> += linear(Color)' may help, set multiplication factor to [1.5 1.5 1.5] or
> so.

OK .

> The weird thing is that this illumination-color conversion is not necessary
> when NOT baking into SDS faces! That must be why it worked for you Garry. I
> just had to fall into that rabbit hole...
> to be continued,
> -Mark

  Yes , I'll continue to try and get this to work as nicely as it did
for Analytic , with SDS . I've noticed other differences right away
with the simple 'mapped shadows' option for Lights , also . I'm guessing
this area of RS did not get explored very deeply previously .

Good luck with your research .

garry