Hi Aidan :

 Glad to hear you are getting away for a couple of days . You'll
probably be gone by the time this message hits the cyber-space .

 I prefer to give credit where it's due and forgot to mention
that yesterday's stream was viewed via 'Videolan' , the dynamite
little multi-codec freware viewer .  http://www.videolan.org/

 This little beast will do realtime transcoding , serve streams
too , and comes with a ton of built-in codecs (so you won't have
to install questionable codecs [like QT]) .
 Great , great little viewer .

 What S/W did you guys use to stream ? What size pipe ? (etc)

Enjoy your getaway !

garry

Cheers Gary,

Glad you got a look in on the parade live stream - nice to hear it broadcasted out fine.

Yip - the Irish were a huge export - not because they wanted to but due to hard economic times, particularly pre 1990's. All my buddies from college etc all left on the plane to the states or OZ. I think I was the only one left here. I suppose I survived here on playing music and working for myself - wasnt easy but got better.

Go back then to the mid to late 1800's - huge exporting then due to the potato famine and prison ships to OZ. So Irelands history in the last 200 years or so has been a tale of mass emigration to all corners of the earth and most NOT because they wanted to - more they had to.

I will raise a glass to your mum in the next day or so. Myself and caroline are off for two days R & R tomorrow, place in west cork called Bantry. Getting away after a looooonnnngggg frenetic weekend of messy gigs - 5 gigs in 4 days.

Cheers and slainte,
Aidan