Ok I think the topic is shifting here and becoming blurred with opinions of
what art and talent are.

Jean thanks for your feedback, god I miss Gary sometimes J

The only point made was the rendering quality is low standard by comparison
to many renderers out there.  Pure and simple after whatever talent is
applied, the quality output is better elsewhere.  Granted there may be more
proficient and talented artists elsewhere, but fundamentally it is not
possible to get similar results now in Realsoft.  Vray for example, is a
good all rounder and offers a better and quicker animation solution too.

We are getting left behind, simple as that.  How you use the tool is up to
you and your ability, but for most the render output quality is essential,
especially when using a 3D app for work, as client are educated now and see
the difference.

Jouni and Neil,

As for the suggestion to hand paint a blank 3d model to look more real in a
production environment is impractical.  From a hobbyist point of view, this
may be interesting for some to explore, but this was not the discussion and
I would disagree that your eye can make every calculation of light ray
bounce and ambiance more realistically by hand.

Best regards,

Jason