Martin, post your shader "code" or formula and I will try to do it in RS.

I also wish that RS would show more on their website.
RS need to simplify and make GI faster.
I'd like to see more from other users.

Jean-Sebastien Perron
www.NeuroWorld.ws

On 10-11-06 06:17 AM, mengil...@gmx.net wrote:
@Jean-Sebastien: Well I surely don´t wanna dictate people to be unhappy with
RS3D. ;-)
But for me there are just so many loose ends.

Though I have to admit that there IS a shimmer of hope.
I don´t know, maybe I´m the only one who didn´t notice that.
Maybe it was written about on the list and I just didn´t read it?
Or may it be that it really wasn´t talked about?
What I mean is - Realsofts site now features some tutorial videos.
I just noticed it by chance when I was looking for something completely
different.

So there are now some basic tutorials, sadly without sound, but tutorials
nonetheless.
Did I really overlook an anouncement regarding that??
The news page contains an info about the new tutorials which dates back to
october the seventh.
I´m pretty much startled cause I could swear that this was not anounced on the
list.
If it was, people could already have gone to gather their tutorials to be
uploaded to the Realsoft site.

Could this perhaps even be why the Render Daemon was shut?
Because it´s material was to be integrated into the official Realsoft website?

Now I´m really hoping for a comment of one of the Realsoft crew to shed some
light on this.

Martin

PS:

Regarding my shader-try I should post a separate mail.
Cause as it seems I could really need some help on that.
I´ve already "converted" the formula into VSL-objects (most notably variables and
"operation" objects), but it doesn´t do what it´s supposed to. And doing this by hand
was, well, simply painfull.
I practically wasted a day for something that could be written in code in a
matter of minutes.
So I wanna try scripting, but my problem is that I don´t really understand the
syntax.
I´ve found some general mathematical javascript commands but RS3D seems to use different
ones; which I think to have found out by now, only to find that there don´t seem to be
floatingpoint commands like sine and cosine? I can´t really believe that, especially not
since they are implemented into the VSL "operation" object.
Another problem for me is that I don´t know how to plug equations like that
into the engine.
For example I need the input of Light: Ray and Surface: Ray, and don´t really
know how to get the data out of these channels to be used in the equations to
then pass the outcome on to the Surface: Illumination channel.
Oh, plus I don´t know how a VSL material would in general support mathematical
formulars written in a (java)script. Would the resulting material be useable as
a standalone VSL material or would it always need the script to be useable at
all?

However, I think I´ll just post a new message regarding that, as I wrote
several lines ago now. ;-)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------