Van: owner-l...@light.realsoft3d.com
[mailto:owner-l...@light.realsoft3d.com] Namens Juha Mukari
Verzonden: maandag 8 november 2010 1:02
Aan: user-list@light.realsoft3d.com
Onderwerp: (Future...) RE: SDK/ sites down/ frustration/Realsoft

I hope that the new development includes some ones of my old ideas which i
have tried to offer for realsoft (i am not sure that did they have lisened
me i hope that they have).
And those ideas/things are: Polygon faces brush cloning tool (with
reflective cloning) which would also take care of direction of faces for
cloning by measuring mouse movements (i think this should be more like
photoshop's cloning brush tool).

Polygon faces melting brush tool, which would automaticly create polygon
faces to empty spaces between polgyons if user's setup's distance area is
enough (with realtime preview "Interactive output").
Polygons' timed extruding, it is a tool which would create new extruding for
polygon when user have moved his brush tool enough (it depends from setups,
it can be 1mm, 1cm, 1m etc...) etc.
Particle animation tools, like brush which would allow move/animate
particles with tablets pen preasure set up's etc..
Node based material editing and particle simulating.
Simulating materials, examples rippels affected by particle collide (like
material which would react to particles collide effect etc...
Two sided face rendering (materials would be nice to get rendered only with
one side if users wants it but also by both sides like realsoft do right now
"front, back, and both").

There was something else too, but i cant remember because really.. i have
had so many ideas for 3d that i cant remember even couple of them... I can
send them more if you wanna hear it and if i still remember them after these
years...

these features should have been already in v7:

Cloth simulating, good rigid body simulating, soft bodies, hair simulation,
rag-doll, water, fire, smoke, particle simulating etc... Good particle
rendering (not post effect), good better and faster GI (i mean real GI, not
fake).
Sculpting tools with smear, pull, smoothing etc tools with cloning
capabilitys.. Good uv-tools. Uv-set is nice idea but not good enough.
Better, real subsurface scattering with smooth soft light transulent
effects.
Much much more material presets or channel presets for material creation. I
mean hundres material presets already in material library.. and for creating
materials it would be nice to create materials in easy way like: reflective
blurring, transparent's blurring tool, subsurface scattering blurring with
image based texturing for sss...

Sorry my bad english.. And btw. I love realsoft and i want everything good
to this software but it's lagging too far away from my ideas and needs (what
are necesary to me right now in my life). And i have been with realsoft
since year 1999.

Best regards Juha M.

> From: r.den.broe...@chello.nl
> To: user-list@light.realsoft3d.com
> Subject: RE: SDK/ sites down/ frustration/Realsoft
> Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 22:19:09 +0100
>

> I did make an attempt to switch to 3dsmax and really wanted to like it,
> but couldn't. RS fits me like a glove - and I'll probably stick with it
> for a while. It would be great if innovative new developments were
> announced but my hopes are dwindling.
>
> If I can do anything to help within my limited available time I'll be
> happy! There's a RS dedicated empty room in my virtual office waiting to
> be filled but man it's so much work...
>
> regards,
> Mark Heuymans
>

> Well, I think that the new developments I know of are interesting :-)
> Good to see that you don't like 3DS, I tried it and didn't like it either.

> But the .3ds import function works, so we all have access to a huge amount
of readymade objects if you like ;-)