On Sunday 11 December 2005 07:34, Rob Landley wrote:

> > > Yes, I see that on Debian Sarge too. Don't ask me why fsck uses thread,
> > > but it seems to do that.
> >
> > I wasn't even thinking about that! So true, why on earth would fsck
> > require threading!?
>
> fsck -A does all filesystems in fstab in one run, and the single case
> apparently defaults to one thread.
>
> I didn't say it was a good design... :)

In fact, I expect a core Unix utility to be grown up in the good old Unix
school, i.e. fork() and exec()!

We met The One* Unix coder thinking "I like new things!".

* Every reference to "The One Ring" is purely casual and fruit of paranoid
imagination of the reader. (Yes, you don't know that, but anyhow...)
--
Inform me of my mistakes, so I can keep imitating Homer Simpson's "Doh!".
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade (Skype ID "PaoloGiarrusso", ICQ 215621894)