I'm very interested in Windows Service, as x86 as x64 versions.

Have you any success to start Cassandra with Procrun alone?

Viktor

From: Kochheiser,Todd W - TOK-DITT-1 [mailto:twkochhei...@bpa.gov]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 9:49 PM
To: 'user@cassandra.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Running Cassandra as a Windows Service

I've been running it in our development & test environments as a Windows
Service without any problem.  I have not been too sophisticated in my
configurations, but have been running some simple two node clusters.  At this
point nothing has "yet" caused me any concern.

I have been working on a contrib. package for Cassandra and hope to have
something submitted for review in the next week or so.  It will include
everything needed to run Cassandra as a service.  In order to make Cassandra
work well with Apache's Procrun<http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html>,
I needed to write a simple WindowsService class.  In addition to the procrun
executables for 32/64 bit platforms and a batch file to install and remove the
service, I'll also be including an ant build file and associated unit tests.

Todd