Hi all,

I am facing the same problem when trying to load Cassandra using
sstableloader. I am running a Cassandra instance in my own machine and
sstableloader is also called from the same machine. Following are the steps
I followed.

   - get a copy of the running Cassandra instance
   - set another loopback address with "sudo ifconfig lo:0 127.0.0.2
   netmask 255.0.0.0 up"
   - set listen address and rpc address of the copied Cassandra's
   cassandra.yaml to 127.0.0.2
   - ran "./sstableloader -d 127.0.0.2 <directory of created sstables>"

But this give me an error 'Could not retrieve endpoint ranges: ' and just
that.

I am so grateful for any hints to get over this.
What I want to get done is actually running the sstableloader via a java
code. But I couldn't get over it either and trying to understand the
required args with this. It is great if someone can help me in either cases.

Thanks in advance!

--
Pushpalanka Jayawardhana | Undergraduate | Computer Science and Engineering
University of Moratuwa

+94779716248 | http://pushpalankajaya.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Pushpalanka | Slideshare:
http://www.slideshare.net/Pushpalanka