Aaron,

Let me start from the beginning.

1- I have a ColumnFamily called Rollup15 with below definition:

create column family Rollup15
          with comparator =
'CompositeType(org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.Int32Type,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type)'
    and key_validation_class = UTF8Type
    and default_validation_class = UTF8Type;

2- Once created, it is empty. Below is the output of CLI:

[default@Schema] list Rollup15;
Using default limit of 100

0 Row Returned.
Elapsed time: 16 msec(s).

3- I use the Code below to insert the Composite Data into Cassandra:

public void insertData(String columnFamilyName, String key,
                        String value, int rollupInterval, String...
columnSlice) {

                Composite colKey = new Composite();
                colKey.addComponent(rollupInterval, IntegerSerializer.get());
                if (columnSlice != null){
                        for (String colName : columnSlice){
                                colKey.addComponent(colName, serializer);
                        }
                }
                createMutator(keyspace, serializer).addInsertion(key,
columnFamilyName,
                                createColumn(colKey, value, new
CompositeSerializer(),
serializer)).execute();

        }

4- After insertion, below is the CLI Output:

[default@Schema] list Rollup15;
Using default limit of 100
-------------------
RowKey: query1_1337295600
=> (column=15:Composite1:Composite2, value=value123, timesta
mp=1341879833470000)

1 Row Returned.
Elapsed time: 9 msec(s).

So, there is record with 3 Composite Keys (15, Composite1 and Composite2)

5- Now I am doing fetch based on Code Below. I am doing a fetch for
column "15:Composite3" which I know it is not there:

Composite start = new Composite();

                start.addComponent(0, 15,
                                Composite.ComponentEquality.EQUAL);
               start.addComponent(1,
"Composite3",Composite.ComponentEquality.EQUAL);

                Composite finish = new Composite();
                finish.addComponent(0, 15,
                                Composite.ComponentEquality.EQUAL);

                finish.addComponent(1,"Composite3"+
Character.MAX_VALUE, Composite.ComponentEquality.GREATER_THAN_EQUAL);

                SliceQuery<String, Composite, String> sq
              =  HFactory.createSliceQuery(keyspace, StringSerializer.get(),
                                           new CompositeSerializer(),
                                           StringSerializer.get());
                sq.setColumnFamily("Rollup15");

                sq.setKey("query1_1337295600");
                sq.setRange(start, finish, false, 10000);

                QueryResult<ColumnSlice<Composite, String>> result = sq
                                .execute();
                ColumnSlice<Composite, String> orderedRows = result.get();

6- And I get output for RowKey: query1_1337295600 as
(column=15:Composite1:Composite2, value=value123, timesta
mp=1341879833470000) which should not be the case since it does not
belong to the 'Composite3' slice.

Sunit.