I have tested this extensively and EOC has huge issue in terms of
usability of CompositeTypes in Cassandra.

As an example: If you have 2 Composite Columns such as A:B:C and A:D:C.

And if you do search on A:B as start and end Composite Components, it
will return D as well. Because it returns all the remaining columns
from your start range.

Similarly if you do search on A:D as start and end Composite
Components, it will not return B because the D comes after B.

Sadly, the information given here on intro to composite Types:
http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/introduction-to-composite-columns-part-1
also does not work.