Hi All,

I have a question about node-tool drain on a single Cassandra 1.0.11 node:

If I use node-tool drain, it does stop accepting writes and flushes the
tables. However, is it normal that the commit log files are not deleted and
that it gets replayed?

Because if I do the following:

1) Write some records.
2) Drain the node.
3) At this point, the commit log file still contains data.
3) Stop Cassandra service.
4) Delete all data files (not the commit log).
5) Start the Cassandra service

It replays the commit log and the records are created again. Why doesn't it
skip the commit log?

In the log it says:

discard completed log segments for ReplayPosition(segmentId=1347024392876,
position=170545), column family 1011.
Not safe to delete commit log
CommitLogSegment(D:\cassandradatabase\Log\CommitLog-1347024392876.log);
dirty is Versions (7), ; hasNext: false